Monday, November 1, 2010

Teaching Without a Voice

I discovered as a teacher you get sick a lot more often and stay sick longer. My three week cold had developed into laryngitis on week four. I woke up one Tuesday morning not being able to talk. I thought to myself. Oh, great how am I going to teach 21 4th graders in this high pitched soft squeaky voice. I managed to make it through the first day. My students just had to be super quiet, listen very carefully and there was a lot of busy work. So I woke up on Wednesday hoping and praying my voice would be back. But it was even worse than the day before. Once again the Lord had blessed. Corey, the gym coach, came and taught Bible and English. Karie, the 5B teacher came in a taught Science and Reading during her free period. The rest of the day class was taught by me with my whistle to get their attention and writing the instructions on the chalkboard. Thursday luckily was a half day. With the help of Corey and Karie I was able to make with through another day. The Lord had really blessed that week, because there is no way I would of been able to teach and make it through those days without Him. It was great, cause even my trouble makers stepped and stop listening and helped get the class quiet. The Lord shows His presence many times even when you are not looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment