Saturday, January 22, 2011

City Girl Adventure

Most of my life I have been dubbed a city girl. Never went on long hikes; just nice strolls, never roughed it in the woods; camped at a campsite in a camper, and never got extremely dirty and covered in mud; just a tiny speck here or there. Well today that all changed for this city girl. Today, they told us we could go to a water fall. They said it was about an hour hike in through the jungle. I was like okay, I can do that. Well little to my acknowledgement, we would be going bush whacking through the jungle. Okay technically it wasn't bush whacking because there was no knifes or machetes involved, but we were walking through grass that was the same height as me. Those of us who wore shorts, are covered with scratches all over are legs and because it rain a lot in Palau the ground was all muddy. So we were scratched and covered in mud. But it wasn't all bad. We got to the waterfall and it was so pretty. We climbed up it and swam in the water. It was a very enjoyable afternoon. Then we hiked back through the tall grass. It is an experience I will never forget. I will have picture up at some point for those who don't believe I did a none machete version of bush whacking. I will say it was an awesome experience. I proved to myself, that I could do something that I never thought I would be able to do. So, many cool experiences here in Palau. I have 4 months to go and a lot more to experience!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have never understood why girls wear shorts going hiking or backpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah Meggen you're a country Girl! Don't listen to Andrew, I did some bush whacking with him and had shorts on. I came back with some battle scars!But had He failed to tell me we would be BUSHWACKING! lol but glad you had a good hike. :)

    ReplyDelete