Friday, December 10, 2010

Crashing Waves

Last weekend, the Whipps took us out on their boat to Rock Island. It was a great Sunday. It was fun playing in the sand and swimming in the ocean. On the way back it was low tide and there were big waves coming at us. The boat driver was very nervous and the kids were loving the excitement. Sarah and I started talking about Jonah after watching the waves. I bet those waves were big, since God was trying to tell Jonah, you can't run from me. The waves and the storm was so big that the fisherman were throwing cargo over. Finally Jonah jumped in and the waves and the storm stopped. Then our conversation moved to the story, when Jesus was sleeping on the boat and a storm came, so the disciples woke Jesus up. Jesus told the seas to be still and they were still. Then he told the disciples oh ye of little faith. Later that evening I was thinking how many times I am like Jonah and the disciples, were I run away from the big storms or the problems in my life. And God says to me, Meggan why is your faith so little? Why don't you just trust Me and and know that I have a plan for you. He tells me to be still and know that I am God. God is always there and all I have to do is trust in Him and He will calm the storms of my life.

Be still and know that I am God - Psalms 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment